Practice combining the Belly Twist with DiGize essential oil blend. This blend of tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, anise, and patchouli oils helps support a healthy digestive system.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent. This will take pressure off your lower back and soften your abdominal muscles.
2. Apply two drops of DiGize diluted with a small amount of V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex or any other carrier oil to your abdomen. Gently massage your abdomen in a clockwise motion, beginning on the right side of your lower abdomen, working up the right side to the rib cage, crossing the abdomen just below the diaphragm, back down the left side of the abdomen, then back across the lower abdomen to where you began. Drop into the sensation of the massage and begin to slow down and deepen your breathing. This clockwise abdominal massage traces the motion of your large intestine’s elimination process and can assist with constipation. Repeat this 7–10 times.
Belly Twist Instructions:
1. Remain lying on your back and bring your arms out to the sides with the palms facing down in a T position. Bend both knees into the chest.
2. Exhale and drop both knees over to the left side of your body, twisting the spine and low back. Slide the knees as close to the left arm as possible. Look at the right fingertips.
3. Keep your shoulders flat to the floor, close your eyes, and relax into the posture. Let gravity pull the knees down, so you do not have to use any effort in this posture.
4. Breathe and hold for 6–10 breaths.
5. To release, inhale and roll the hips back to the floor
6. Repeat on other side.
7. Go back and twist on the side you started at and switch again.
After the Belly Twists, remember to drink several glasses of water to keep your body’s cleansing process in motion.
When our bodies are properly eliminating, we have more energy for creating and manifesting. Tell us about how you use essential oils during your yoga practice!
Want to know more? Contact me at email@example.com for details.