The weather is warming up, and it’s almost time to trade in your snow boots for sandals. Get your feet smooth and summer-ready with three simple steps. It’s easy to add these steps to your weekly routine so your feet can stay fab all summer long!
Step One: Exfoliate
A sugar scrub will gently slough off old skin cells to reveal your soft and smooth feet. This DIY essential oil-infused scrub smells great and will transform your feet.
Sugar Scrub Recipe
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- 5 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Sacred Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops Wintergreen essential oil
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Airtight glass container
- In a small bowl, mix the V-6 oil with essential oils.
- In a larger bowl , add mixture of oils to raw sugar and combine thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- When applying in the bath, you may want to use a pumice stone to speed up the exfoliation process; however, avoid scrubbing your calluses raw or removing them altogether.
HINT: Use about a tablespoon for each foot. Be careful: The scrub can make your shower slippery!
Step Two: Cuticle Care
After a shower or bath, gently push your cuticles back in preparation for a DIY cuticle treatment. You can use a pedicure tool or a towel.
Cuticle Treatment Recipe
- 15-ml V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- 20 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 15-ml glass bottle
- Fill an empty 15-ml bottle about halfway with V-6.
- Add 20 drops of Tea Tree oil
- Continue to add more V-6 until the bottle is full.
- To use, add 1 drop to your cuticles and rub in until absorbed.
Step Three: Moisturize
Young Living offers fantastic moisturizers, including Genesis, Lavender, KidScents, and other fabulous lotions. If you do not have a favorite, purchase a couple of options in your next order and start finding your new favorite. Or try our DIY Lemon-Lavender Lotion Bar
HINT: Before going to bed, generously massage your favorite lotion all over your feet and legs, and then put on a pair of moisturizing socks.
Whether you make this DIY pedicure a part of your spring cleaning routine or decide to do it every day, these three simple steps are sure to keep your feet happy and ready for the sunshine!
Do you have your own pedicure routine? Tell us about it in the comments!
Want to know more? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.