Create your own spa getaway with these easy-to-make DIY shower bombs! The next time you need a bit of rejuvenation, toss a shower bomb in the bottom of your shower and enjoy the wonderful scent or create a collection of these homemade shower bombs as a gift for someone you love.
Shower Bombs Recipe
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil
Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Raven or Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil to a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of Citrus Fresh Oil to a batch.
- Small glass bowl
- Container like empty salt shaker or baby powder bottle
- Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or bottle, mix together water and essential oil.
- Slowly add the oil-water mixture a few drops at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this).
- When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or a cookie scoop.
- Set on a plate to dry.
- If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly.
Allow to dry for 12+ hours before using.
To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
Want to know more? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.