Using beautiful terra-cotta, these DIY essential oil ornament diffusers bring in a touch of nature to your décor and gift-giving, and we love that you can customize this activity for Christmas to any special event you’re celebrating by using the cookie cutter and stamps that are suitable to your special occasion. This is a fun tradition to have your family and friend making this easy craft that makes a perfect gift or DIY holiday décor—just complement it with your favorite holiday essential oil!
Essential Oil Diffuser Ornaments Recipe
- Terra-cotta air-dry clay
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Holiday cookie cutters
- Stamps for ceramics or clay, or you can use the back of a wooden spoon
- Bamboo skewer
- Acrylic paints and glitter to decorate – any colors you would like
- Ribbon, twine, or other decorative string
- Essential oils—Christmas Spirit, Cinnamon Bark, Frankincense, Pine, Clove, Thieves, Peace and Calming, and Orange are great holiday oils!
- Spread out a length of parchment paper.
- Roll the clay out until you’re satisfied with the thickness; we recommend ⅓ inch or thicker.
- Cut the clay with cookie cutters.
- Smooth the clay with a wet paper towel
- Use stamps or the back of a wooden spoon to make designs and oil wells in the ornaments.
- Use the skewer to carefully poke holes through the ornaments to thread ribbon for hanging.
- Let the ornaments air dry for 48 hours.
- Have fun decorating your ornament using the acrylic paints and glitter. Let it dry for 2 to 4 hours.
- Thread the ribbon through the hole, add essential oil to the well and allow it to soak in, and then hang!
(*) Frankincense is included in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. Become a Member and order yours!
Want to know more? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.