Your hair takes a beating from daily life. Dry air, pollutants, UV radiation, and styling can all tear at your tresses. So why not pamper your hair with a DIY hair mask? Check out this recipe to how to make a hair mask that will leave your hair touchably soft and smooth.
This simple recipe combines the moisturizing power of coconut oil and the sweet and clean aromas of Lavender and Rosemary essential oils to tame those frizzies and flyaways back into glossy, beautiful hair.
Coconut oil can provide many benefits. From a healthy oil to cook with to a deep conditioning hair mask, coconut oil is versatile in its uses. It is loaded with antioxidants, helping your skin ward off free radicals. cording to the Live the Organic Life, coconut oil is generally categorized into refined and virgin coconut oils. Unrefined coconut oil may also be called virgin coconut oil. The type of method used to extract the oil from the coconut is done in the most natural way. This way, the coconut oil stays in its natural form without the use of any artificial filtering which is sometimes used in the process of refined coconut oil. No chemicals are used in the process of extracting coconut oil using this method.
Essential oils are that aromatic, volatile liquid that comes from within flowers, shrubs, trees, roots, seeds, bushes. They are usually extracted by steam distillation, but other extraction methods are used depending on the botanical. Essential oils not only make everything smell good, but they have several beneficial properties, including skin care. The better quality essential oil will give you more of the oil benefit. You need to be aware that there is no rating system for essential oils in the United Stated. The closest we get is an FDA requirement that in order to label a bottle essential “pure” or “therapeutic grade”, the contents of that bottle must contain at least 5% essential oil! That means 95% of the bottle can be something else. You need to make sure you buy your essential oils from a reputable company. My favorite trustworthy and affordable essential oil brand is Young Living.
Favorites Essential Oils for the Hair:
These are some of my favorites essential oils the hair:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Hinoki Essential Oil
- Manuka Essential Oil
- Spanish Sage Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Jasmine Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
Lavender-Rosemary Hair Mask Recipe
- Small glass bowl
- Small saucepan
- Spray bottle of any size, filled with water
- Wide-toothed comb
- Rest the rim of a small pot or glass cup inside the edge of a larger pot filled halfway with boiling water to act as a double boiler.
- Add coconut oil to the glass bowl and warm until liquefied.
- Add essential oils to the coconut oil.
- Mix the ingredients together. Let cool and slightly thicken.
- Put a towel over your shoulders to catch any drips.
- Dampen your hair with a spray bottle.
- Using your hands, apply the mixture to your hair and gently comb to disperse the mask.
- Let the mask sit for 30–60 minutes before rinsing.
- Wash and style your hair as usual.
Want to know more? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.