There is nothing more unpleasant than the musky smell of laundry! That wet towel that was left in the hamper for days, or that stinky gym outfit that you cannot get rid of the sweaty smell. Even after washing the bad odors still lingers. And sometimes, the clean clothes just smell like artificial flowery scent that makes you sneeze and it is loaded with chemicals! But don’t you worry, you can keep your family’s clothes looking and smelling their best with the added boost of essential oils.
- 12–15 drops of essential oil to the washer during the wash cycle. That will help eliminate musty scents. My favorite essential oil to use here is Thieves® and Purification®.
Thieves® Essential Oil Blend includes Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary Essential Oils. These oils are known for their cleaning properties. It’s safe to use around everyone in your family, including pets.
Purification® Essential Oil Blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree work together to create a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable.
- During the clothes softener cycle, I use distilled white vinegar with 10-15 drops of essential oil. That will soften the clothes and give the them a fresh scent. My favorite essential oil to use here is Lemon, Peppermint or Lavender.
Distilled White Vinegar is 5% acetic acid. It’s cheap, it’s natural, and it’s tough on bacteria, mildew, and dirt. It also an excellent clothes softener. You can buy it at your local stores and it is very inexpensive.
Ingredient Caution: Vinegar should NEVER be combined with castile soap, hydrogen peroxide, or baking soda.
All these oils mentioned here are in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. Click HERE to find out how to order yours.
Essential Oils in the Dryer:
I make my own dryer sheets using washcloths and essential oils. It is very economical and simple. Your clothes will smell great! Or instead, infuse wool dryer balls with 5 drops of your favorite essential oils such as Lemon, Peppermint, or Lavender. Reapply essential oils every 2–4 loads.
DIY Dryer Sheets Recipe
- 2 cups distilled water
- 10-15 drops Young Living Essential Oils like Lemon, Peppermint, Lavender, Thieves® Essential Oil Blend, or Purification® Essential Oil Blend (*).
- 10 washcloths
- glass container with a lid
On the glass container, combine the distilled water and the essential oils. Add the washcloths to the essential oil water, close lid and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Add one washcloths to your laundry during the dryer cycle.
(*)All these oils mentioned here are included in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. Order yours!
Want to know more? Contact me at email@example.com for details.