This DIY floating candle bowl project will instantly transform your everyday backyard party or BBQ into an enchanting, fragrance-filled summer celebration. All it takes are a few odds and ends you likely have just lying around the house! Make a collection of these bowls and arrange them around the patio, then sit back and enjoy the relaxing glow and the warm summer scent of Citronella and the lemon like aroma of Lemongrass.
Ditch overpowering and harsh chemical-based sprays and keep your home smelling fresh and clean with Young Living’s Purification® Essential Oil Blend. This blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree work together to create a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable. Purification® Essential Oil Blend helps freshen the air and eliminate odors and includes naturally occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial.
With Purification® Essential Oil Blend, you’ll never need to feel embarrassed by bad odors from cooking, laundry, pets, or anything else life throws your way. Diffuse it throughout your house or use a more targeted approach so you always feel confident in your home, in the car, or on the go!
Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Citronella is used topically to help enjoy the outdoors annoyance free. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Originating in Southeast Asia, Lemongrass essential oil is distilled from the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant. With a subtle citrus-herb scent, Lemongrass oil offers a sophisticated and relaxing aroma that transforms your home’s environment.
Try diffusing Lemongrass for an aroma that can inspire a sense of clarity and relaxation for you and your whole family. Enhance that relaxing aroma by adding Lemongrass oil to your cleaning products, dishes, and laundry. Add 3–4 drops in a sink full of dishes, a load of laundry, or your all-purpose cleaner formula for an exotic, clean-smelling boost. Its relaxing aroma also makes it a great complement to post-workout massage.
Lemongrass is a key ingredient in the Young Living Products En-R-Gee™, Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, and Ortho Sport® Massage Oil.
Citronella Floating Candle Bowl Recipe
- Decorations of your choice. You can use anything! (Lemon peels, orange peels, cinnamon sticks, lavender, rosemary, flower petals, river rocks, etc.)
- 30 drops of Purification® Essential Oil Blend (or 20 drops Citronella essential oil and 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil)
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Water to top off glass bowl or container
- Glass bowl or container
- 1 unscented floating candle
1. Gather decorations and arrange in bowl. We recommend cutting them into two-inch pieces so they don’t bunch at the top of the bowl or cause it to overturn.
2. Add witch hazel, the essential oil to the bowl.
3. Fill in the remaining bowl space with water.
4. After placing your bowl outside, top it off with the floating candle and light it to create a cozy, aromatic ambiance you and your guests can enjoy throughout the evening.
Want to know more? Contact me at email@example.com for details.